Created in 1991, Pearle* is the European voice for the live performance sector. Pearle* represents through its network of associations and organisations more than 10 000 theatres, theatre production companies, orchestras, operas, ballet and dance companies, circus and street theatre, festivals and other professional organisations in the music and performing arts sector. As an employers’ and sector federation, Pearle* represents its members to the European and international institutions. Pearle* is closely involved in policy and regulatory affairs which may impact the daily functioning and management of a live performance organisation. As a membership organisation, Pearle* works for and on behalf of its members.
Pearle* is looking for a person who is familiar with the functioning of the European institutions, who is service-oriented and is well-organised, to join our team in Brussels. An interest in the daily operations and managerial side of a live performance organisation is a plus.
Being part of a small international team, you will have a variety of tasks. A day at Pearle* is never the same. Working at Pearle* is exciting, as you will be able to valorise your skills and to contribute to the activities of the association and put them at the service of the members and beyond.
More concretely, you will be:
• Monitoring EU affairs and gathering intelligence on current and upcoming EU regulatory developments
• Liaising with the European institutions, such as the Commission, the European Parliament, Permanent representations, as well as with national authorities and international organisations
• Representing Pearle* at expert groups, consultation meetings, conferences
• Coordinating and participating in stakeholder groups
• Exchanging with Pearle* members, consulting them in view of positions; assisting them with their questions regarding the interpretation and implementation of EU law
• Drafting impact analysis and briefing notes about EU legislation and policies
• Presenting EU regulatory affairs at members conferences and webinars
• Participating in Pearle* members conferences, prepare workshops, contact speakers
• Facilitation of capacity-building workshops and internal working groups
• Drafting position papers, statements, press releases, newsletters, briefings, reports and website content
• Developing advocacy strategies and defining positions on policy dossiers in close cooperation with the Pearle* team, members and other stakeholders
• Drafting and editorial planning of brochures and other types of publications
• Contributing to the EFA project as a partner and organising Pearle’s input on the agreed topics
• When the case, contributing to other European projects in which Pearle* is involved
YOUR PROFILE: you
➢ have a master degree (or equivalent)
➢ demonstrate clear knowledge of the EU institutions and the EU legislative processes
➢ have at least a few years of relevant work experience in an international environment
➢ are able to unravel legal texts, and capture a wide range of policy texts
➢ can acquaint with a very wide variety of policy areas
➢ are a service-oriented person : you are always aware of the fact that you work for and on behalf of the members of the association
➢ are an enthusiast and extravert person, and can easily respond to new priorities
➢ you show great curiosity about policy developments, and have a keen interest in the association’s activities and those of the members
➢ are accurate in the work that you deliver and have attention for detail
➢ are organised and can work against deadlines
➢ are someone the team can rely on, thanks to your continuous involvement to help build the association’s output
➢ have a very good level of (oral and written) English – all other European languages welcome
➢ are a fast learner and adapt quickly to a new environment
➢ demonstrate to be a team player
You will report on a daily basis to the Director of the Association.
The official office (work place) is based in 1000 Brussels, Sainctelette Square 19. This can be combined with telework. It is assumed that the candidate lives in Belgium.
The schedule of the working hours will be discussed jointly with the Director upon the start of the contract.
Pearle* offers an exciting work environment within a small international team, with possibilities to further career prospects.
Salary scale according to PC 304, Cat A (including holiday money, end of year bonus, home-work travel in Belgium). Extra-legal benefits: lunch vouchers, and others according to the company policy.