As Employers Assosciation, Pearle* is part ot the Live Performance Social Dialogue Committee, along with European Arts and Entertainment Alliance (EAEA) EURO-MEI - UNI-Europa performance and media branch, International Federation of Musicians (FIM) and International Federation of Actors (FIA) as Workers' organisations.
Social dialogue in this sector covers:
- performing arts (i.e. live theatre, concerts, opera, dance and other stage productions and related support activities)
- operation of venues (e.g. concert halls, theatres and other arts facilities).
The work programme 2018-2019 comprises 6 main headings:Social dialogue and the role of the sectoral social partners
- Strengthening capacities of social partners in the live performance sector across the EU
- research project on social dialogue in the commercial sector.
- Continuation of exchanges on anti-discrimination, diversity, equal opportunities and gender equality in the Live Performance sector, with a special focus on the #metoo campaign
- Health and safety
- Risk assessment – continued maintenance and dissemination of the OiRA tool, with timely reviews of content
- Exchange on building partnerships with healthcare practitioners specialised in the arts.
- Risk prevention and continued exchange on integration of OSH in education and training
- Training and skills
- Creative Skills Europe: project and follow up work, participation in ongoing project work
- Transition and employability
- Follow up on ESCO
- Mobility of workers in the performing arts sector
- Double taxation: joint advocacy, follow-up of common position
- Transport of musical instruments
- Visas to the US
- Public funding
- Value of public investment in culture: continued joint advocacy
- European issues related to economic situation of the sector
- Follow-up of EU initiatives
- EU initiatives
Find more in the 2-years work plan!